Okta App Integration
Set up an Okta app integration so that your users can sign into this app using the same credentials that they use for LastPass.
Part 1 - Add the SSO app to LastPass
LastPass offers SAML-based integration with Okta where LastPass serves as an identity provider and manages user identity information. Users Log into Okta leveraging LastPass MFA, and they will be redirected to the Okta SSO portal. Users will open their applications right from Okta SSO without an additional login step. Alternatively, users can directly log into an application or service provider website using LastPass MFA.
- Log in and access the LastPass new Admin Console by doing either of the following:
- While logged in to LastPass, click the active LastPass icon in your web browser toolbar, then select Admin Console in the menu.
- Log in at https://admin.lastpass.com with your admin email address and master password.
- Go to .
- Select Add app in the upper-right navigation (or Search the catalog if you're adding your first app).
- Search for and select your app from the catalog (or Add an unlisted app if you can't find your app).
- Click Continue, and you are taken to the Set up LastPass section of the app configuration. Fastpath: LastPass automatically fills out all required information in the Set up app section for you. Some apps allow you to upload settings in an XML file, while others require you to copy and paste the following information:
Name in LastPass Value Entity ID
Certificate fingerprint Provided in the Set up app section of the SSO app. If needed, download the LastPass certificate in PEM, DER, or Download metadata (XML) format. Certificate fingerprint (SHA256) Certificate (PEM)
- For the next steps, open a new web browser window or tab. Go to the app's settings to enable single sign-on, and make sure your app recognizes LastPass as the Identity Provider.
Part 2 - Configure the app in Okta
- Log into Okta Admin Portal.
- Select .
- Click Add Identity Provider.
- For the Name field, enter LastPass.
- For the IdP Username section, select IDP user.subjectNameid.
- Expand the SAML Protocol Settings section.
- Enter the following information:
Name Description Value IdP Issuer URI Entity ID value (copied from the LastPass Admin Console)
IdP Single Sign-On URL SSO endpoint value (copied from the LastPass Admin Console)
Certificate LastPass certificate file you downloaded in Part 1 Upload the LastPass Certificate that you downloaded in Part 1
- Click Show Advanced Settings.
- For the Request Signature setting, uncheck the Sign SAML Authentication Requests setting.
- In the Response Signature Algorithm section, select either SHA-1 or SHA-256 in the drop-down menu.
- Select Add Identity Provider to save the settings.
- Copy the Assertion Consumer Service URL and Audience URI values and paste into a text editor. Remember: You will be using these values in later steps.
Part 3 - Finalize the Okta SSO app configuration in LastPass
- Return to the LastPass new Admin Console.
- Back on the Configure app page in the LastPass Admin Console (from Part 1), select Set up LastPass.
- In the ACS field, paste the Assertion Consumer Service URL value (copied in Part 2).
- Optional: Enable Step-up authentication if you want to require users to confirm their identity using the LastPass Authenticator app upon each login to this SSO app. Remember: Passwordless login for SSO apps only supports authentication using stored biometrics (face or fingerprint) via push notification in the LastPass Authenticator app.
- Select Advanced settings.
- For the Entity ID field, paste the Audience URI value (copied in Part 2). Note: This is the metadata URL of the Service Provider (also known as the Issuer ID or App ID), which is a unique identifier for the SSO app you're adding.
- Optional: If desired, add any of the following additional customizations:
Name in LastPass Description/Value Nickname The name of the app how it appears in the Admin Console (and Cloud Apps, if your users have a LastPass password management vault) Role Custom role that you created to organize users and the permissions assigned to them Identity Provider (LastPass)
Relay State URL to which the service provider redirects the user after processing the SAML response Identifier These settings will depend on the app you're configuring – please refer to the SSO app's documentation, then select one of the following:
- Email (default)
- Secondary Email
- User ID
SAML signature method Select one of the following, based on your desired encryption key length:
- SHA1 (uses 160-bit hash)
- SHA256 (uses 256-bit hash)
Signing and encryption Make your desired selections from the following:
- Sign assertion
- Encrypt assertion
- Sign request
- Sign response
Upload partner certificate Select the partner certificate you saved locally (if applicable) Custom attributes To add more custom attributes, select Add SAML attribute and choose from the following options:
Tip: You can define custom attribute statements when creating a new SAML integration, or modifying an existing one. These statements are inserted into the SAML assertions shared with your app.
- Secondary Email
- User ID
- Custom (associated with the SSO app)
- Click to begin making your selections.
- Search for and select your desired users, groups, and/or roles, then click Assign.
- Click .
Result: Setup for your SSO app is complete! The LastPass users you assigned to this SSO app can now use their LastPass account to sign in to this SSO app going forward.