PulseSecure VPN SSO App Integration
Set up a PulseSecure VPN SSO app integration so that your users can sign into this app using the same credentials that they use for LastPass.
Part 1 - Add the SSO app to LastPass
- Log in and access the LastPass new Admin Console by doing either of the following:
- While logged in to LastPass, click the active LastPass icon in your web browser toolbar, then select Admin Console in the menu.
- Log in at https://admin.lastpass.com with your admin email address and master password.
- Go to .
- Select Add app in the upper-right navigation (or Add your first SSO app if you're adding your first app).
- Search for and select your app from the catalog (or Add an unlisted app if you can't find your app).
- Click Continue, and you are taken to the Set up LastPass section of the app configuration. Fastpath: LastPass automatically fills out all required information in the Set up app section for you. Some apps allow you to upload settings in an XML file, while others require you to copy and paste the following information:
Name in LastPass Value Entity ID
Certificate fingerprint Provided in the Set up app section of the SSO app. If needed, download the LastPass certificate in PEM, DER, or Download metadata (XML) format. Certificate fingerprint (SHA256) Certificate (PEM)
- For the next steps, open a new web browser window or tab. Go to the app's settings to enable single sign-on, and make sure your app recognizes LastPass as the Identity Provider.
Part 2 - Configure the app in PulseSecure VPN
- Log on to your PulseSecure admin account.
- Click Auth. Servers in the left navigation.
- Click New Server to create a new SAML server.
- If SA Entity Id is empty, click SAML Settings.
- For Host FQQN for SAML enter your domain and click Save Changes.
- For Server Name enter a new server name.
- For the Identity Provider Entity ID field, paste the Entity ID value for LastPass (copied from Step #6 in the previous section):
- For the Identity Provider Single Sign On Service URL field, paste the SSO endpoint value for LastPass (copied from Step #6 in the previous section):
- For the Upload Certificate section, upload the LastPass Certificate (downloaded from Step #7 in the previous section), then click Save.
- Enter your desired values for the Allowed Clock Skew and Metadata Validity sections, then save changes.
- Copy the SA Entity ID value and paste it into a text editor. Remember: You will be using this value in later steps.
- Click Save Changes.
- Return to the PulseSecure Directory page, and for the "Authentication" field, add LP SSO.
- Click Save Changes.
- Open the Role Mapping tab and make sure that there is at least one defined role.
- Add a role if needed, then click Save Changes.
Part 3 - Finalize the PulseSecure VPN SSO app configuration in LastPass
- Return to the LastPass new Admin Console.
- Back on the Configure app page in the LastPass Admin Console (from Part 1), locate Set up LastPass.
- In the ACS field, paste the custom URL value that includes Your Domain + /dana-na/auth/saml-consumer.cgi.
https://<your Domain or IP Address>/dana-na/auth/saml-consumer.cgi
- Optional: Enable the Step-up authentication setting if you want to force users to confirm their identity using the LastPass Authenticator app upon each login to this SSO app (i.e., LastPass MFA).
- Select Advanced settings.
- For the Entity ID field, paste the SA Entity ID value (copied in Part 2). Note: This is the metadata URL of the Service Provider (also known as the Issuer ID or App ID), which is a unique identifier for the SSO app you're adding.
- Optional: If desired, add any of the following additional customizations:
Name in LastPass Description/Value Nickname The name of the app how it appears in the Admin Console (and Cloud Apps, if your users have a LastPass password management vault) Role Custom role that you created to organize users and the permissions assigned to them Identity Provider (LastPass)
Relay State URL to which the service provider redirects the user after processing the SAML response Identifier These settings will depend on the app you're configuring – please refer to the SSO app's documentation, then select one of the following:
- Email (default)
- Secondary Email
- User ID
SAML signature method Select one of the following, based on your desired encryption key length:
- SHA1 (uses 160-bit hash)
- SHA256 (uses 256-bit hash)
Signing and encryption Make your desired selections from the following:
- Sign assertion
- Encrypt assertion
- Sign request
- Sign response
Upload partner certificate Select the partner certificate you saved locally (if applicable) Custom attributes To add more custom attributes, select Add SAML attribute and choose from the following options:
Tip: You can define custom attribute statements when creating a new SAML integration, or modifying an existing one. These statements are inserted into the SAML assertions shared with your app.
- Secondary Email
- User ID
- Custom (associated with the SSO app)
- Click to begin making your selections.
- Search for and select your desired users, groups, and/or roles, then click Assign.
- Click .
Result: Setup for your SSO app is complete! The LastPass users you assigned to this SSO app can now use their LastPass account to sign in to this SSO app going forward.