Push Password Apps to Users (no longer available)
LastPass Business admins previously used Password apps (formerly known as "Push Sites to Users") to directly place a site in a user's vault. This was previously used for pre-populating sites in a user's vault so that it was available upon their first login.Now, LastPass Business admins can share passwords with groups instead, which allows them to add multiple sites to a shared folder and share out with a group of users. Additionally, LastPass admins can manage individual user access permissions, control when the sites within the folder are made available to the users within the group, and much more.
About previously pushed password apps
The Password apps page allows you to view a history of previously pushed password apps and details about each.
The following considerations should be noted about previously pushed password apps:
- Once the password app was received by the user, the LastPass admin can no longer remove the site from the user's vault.
- The user who received the previously pushed password app must have logged in using the LastPass browser extension at least once to have received it. If the user had logged in via the LastPass website instead of the browser extension, the password app was not pushed and therefore never received by the user.
- Data you elected to push to your individual users was accessible on LastPass servers in unencrypted form until the data was pushed to a user. Once pushed, the data left LastPass servers and became encrypted in the user's vault.
- The data in persistent pushes was stored on LastPass servers in unencrypted form until the data was pushed to new users that were added to groups or your company account. Learn more below.
About persistent pushes
A persistent push is an optional setting you have when you have elected to push a password app to a group of users or all users within your company account (not individual users).
If you previously had pending pushes listed, please share passwords with groups instead, which allows you to add multiple sites to a shared folder and share out with a group of users.
View details for previously pushed password apps
- Log in to the legacy (old) Admin Console with your email address and master password at https://lastpass.com/company/#!/dashboard.
- Go to .
- For each of the password apps that were previously pushed, you can view the following information:
- Name – Name of the previously pushed password app.
- User – List of users or groups to whom the password app was previously pushed.
- Persistent – Indicates whether the previously pushed password app was persistent (Yes/No).
- Additionally, you can take the following actions:
- In the Received column, select Results to view a list of individual users that had the password app pushed to them. Otherwise, if the password app was not received by any users, No is displayed.
- In the Actions column, select then select Delete, which permanently deletes the pushed password app from the system. Note that this will not remove the site entry from the individuals’ vaults, but only the push from the LastPass servers.