Require a Master Password Reprompt
You can enable the "Require master password reprompt" setting as an additional layer of security, which will require that you enter your master password in order to gain access to certain areas within your LastPass vault. This setting can be managed for individual items in your vault, or when you access an item type and/or perform certain actions via your Account Settings.
Enable setting per item
- Click the inactive (grey or black) LastPass icon in your web browser toolbar.
- Enter your email address and master password, then click Log In.
Result: An active LastPass icon is displayed and you are now logged in.
- Select in your toolbar, then use the Search field or go to All items and locate your desired site.
- Select to open the site entry.
- Under Advanced Settings section, check the box to enable the Require Master Password Reprompt option.
- Click Save.
Enable setting for item types and actions
- Log in to LastPass and access your vault by doing either of the following:
- In your web browser toolbar, click the LastPass icon and select Open My Vault.
- Go to https://lastpass.com/?ac=1 and log in with your email address and master password.
- Select Account Settings in the left navigation.
- Click Show Advanced Settings.
- Under Alerts, in the "Re-prompt for Master Password" section, enable the settings to enforce the Require master password reprompt for your desired actions and/or items..
- Select Update.
- When prompted, enter your master password, then click Confirm.