Step #1: Set up and configure Duo Security authentication
Set up and configure Duo Security for your chosen multifactor authentication option to protect your LastPass vault.
About this task:
For users, in order to use Duo Security, a Duo account is required. Register for an account at https://www.duosecurity.com/lastpass.
- Install the Duo Mobile app on your iOS or Android device.
- Log in to LastPass and access your vault by doing either of the following:
- In your web browser toolbar, click the LastPass icon and select Vault or Open My Vault.
- Go to https://lastpass.com/?ac=1 and log in with your email address and master password.
- Select Account Settings in the left navigation.
- Select the Multifactor Options tab.
- Select the Edit icon for Duo Security.
- Configure Duo Security to finish the setup process.
- Once configured, return to LastPass.
- Use the drop-down menu for the Enabled option and select Yes.
- Select Update when finished, then enter your master password, and click Continue.
Results: You have enabled Duo Security for multifactor authentication to protect your LastPass vault.