Enable Grid in LastPass
You can set up Grid multifactor authentication so that you can log in to your LastPass account without using a mobile device for authentication.
- Log in to LastPass and access your vault by doing either of the following:
- In your web browser toolbar, click the LastPass icon and select Vault or Open My Vault.
- Go to https://lastpass.com/?ac=1 and log in with your email address and master password.
- Select Account Settings in the left navigation.
- Select the Multifactor Options tab.
- Select next to Grid.
- For the Enabled drop-down menu, select Yes.
- For the Permit Offline Access drop-down menu, choose one of the following:
- Select Allow if you want to allow access to LastPass even when you are offline. This will store an encrypted vault locally so you can log in without using multifactor authentication in case of a connectivity issue.
- Select Disallow to prevent offline access, which requires the use of multifactor authentication and to be connected to the Internet when using LastPass.
Important: If this option is selected and you are not connected to the Internet and/or https://lastpass.com is not available, you will be unable to access your vault. Learn more about offline access.
- For the Permit access from incompatible mobile devices option, use the drop-down menu to choose from the following:
- Select Allow if you want to allow iPhone 6 or older devices to use Grid authentication.
- Select Disallow to prevent iPhone 6 or older devices from using Grid authentication.
- In the Grid section, you can do the following:
Note: In the More Information section, you can select Help manual to be redirected to this article.
- View and print – Select to display your grid containing a sequence of letters and numbers to be used as one-time passwords, then save and/or print it.
- Download as CSV file – Select to download your grid as a .csv file, then save and/or print it.
- Reset – Select to reset your grid so a new one can be generated.
- Select Update.
- Enter your master password, then select Continue.
- Select OK to verify that your account settings were successfully updated.
Results: You have enabled Grid for multifactor authentication to protect your LastPass vault.