How do I set up and configure Grid multifactor authentication?
Set up Grid multifactor authentication so that you can log in to your LastPass account without a mobile device.
- Log in to LastPass and access your vault by doing either of the following:
- In your web browser toolbar, click the LastPass icon and select Open My Vault.
- Go to https://lastpass.com/?ac=1 and log in with your email address and master password.
- Select Account Settings in the left navigation.
- Select the Multifactor Options tab.
- Select the Edit icon next to Grid.
- For the Enabled drop-down menu, select Yes.
- For the Permit Offline Access drop-down menu, choose one of the following:
- Select Allow if you want to allow access to LastPass even when you are offline. This will store an encrypted vault locally so you can log in without using multifactor authentication in case of a connectivity issue.
- Select Disallow to prevent offline access, which requires the use of multifactor authentication and to be connected to the Internet when using LastPass.
- For the Permit access from incompatible mobile devices option, use the drop-down menu to choose from the following:
- Select Allow if you want to allow iPhone 6 or older devices to use Grid authentication.
- Select Disallow to prevent iPhone 6 or older devices from using Grid authentication.
- In the Grid section, you can do the following:
- View and print – Click to display your grid containing a sequence of letters and numbers to be used as one-time passwords, then save and/or print it.
- Download as CSV file – Click to download your grid as a .csv file, then save and/or print it.
- Reset – Click to reset your grid so a new one can be generated.
- In the More Information section, you can click Help manual to be directed to this article.
- Select Update when finished, then enter your master password, and click Continue.
- Select OK to verify that your account settings were successfully updated.