Set Up SMS Account Recovery for LastPass
As one of your master password recovery options, you can set up SMS account recovery by adding a mobile number to your account to receive a verification text message in case you every forget your master password. Using this option as a means of account recovery will trigger the master password recovery flow as long at least one of your browsers has captured a Recovery One Time Password (which is created by logging in to the LastPass web browser extension and/or online web vault at least once).
How to set up
- Log in to LastPass and access your vault by doing either of the following:
- In your web browser toolbar, click the LastPass icon and select Open My Vault.
- Go to https://lastpass.com/?ac=1 and log in with your email address and master password.
- Select Account Settings in the left navigation.
- On the General tab, locate the "SMS Account Recovery" section.
- Select .
- When prompted, enter your master password and click Continue.
- Use the drop-down menu to select your country, then enter your phone number and click Send Test Code.
- Once you receive the code via SMS message, enter the code into your web browser window and click Verify.
Troubleshooting: If you don't receive the SMS message, click Resend.
- Once verified, a confirmation message is displayed. You can now close that web browser window.