How do I share Notes with others?
You can share your secure notes with other LastPass users.
- Go to your Note that you want to share in one of the following ways:
- Using the web browser extension – Click the active LastPass icon , then click All items > Notes. Click the folder where your Note is located, then click the Note that you want to share.
- From within your vault – Click Notes in the navigation pane, then locate your Note in one of the folders.
- Click the Share icon .
- Enter the email address(es) of the users you want to share your Note with.
- Click Share.
About hidden passwords for shared items
When you share an item, regardless of whether or not you enable the Allow Recipient to View Password option, you should be aware of the following:
- Savvy end users could potentially access the password if they capture it using advanced techniques, but LastPass will never be able to access this data because it has been encrypted using their public key.
- It is also possible to obtain shared passwords using another password manager.
For these reasons, LastPass recommends that you generate a secure password for the site that you’re sharing in order to avoid sharing any passwords that you’re uncomfortable with the recipient obtaining.