Step #5: Check the custom attribute configuration
You can use the ADSI Edit tool to check the properties of your custom attribute to confirm that it has been configured properly.
- On your Active Directory server, run the Command Prompt as an administrator.
- Enter the following command: adsiedit.msc Note: If the ADSI Edit tool is not available, then you can register it by opening the Command Prompt as an administrator and running the following commands: regsvr32 adsiedit.dll then adsiedit.msc
- Connect to the "well known Naming Context": Schema.
- Locate the custom attribute and open Properties.
- Locate the following attributes, their values should match the following (as shown below):
- attributeSyntax: 22.214.171.124 = ( NOCASE_STRING )
- searchFlags: 0X80 = ( CONFIDENTIAL )
Correctly Configured:Warning: If the searchFlags attribute is not configured as CONFIDENTIAL (e.g., displays as INDEX), then you must configure it as CONFIDENTIAL.