Step #6: Check that the custom attribute is populated
Confirm that the LastPass AD Connector has populated the custom attribute properly.
- Log in to your Active Directory server.
- Open the Active Directory Users and Computers manager tool.
- Go to View and ensure Advanced Features is enabled, or click the Advanced Features menu option to enable it.
- In the left navigation, go to Users.
- Right-click on a user, then click Properties.
- Click the Attribute Editor tab.
- Locate the custom attribute you created (e.g., LastPassK1) and confirm that a value is set (as shown below).
Correctly Configured:Warning: If the custom attribute value is < not set > (as shown below) then you must check the following:
- The name of the custom attribute you created must also match the name that listed in the LastPass Admin Console – learn how to fix this.
- The AD user that is running the LastPass AD Connector must have CONTROL ACCESS permissions – learn how to check the user's permissions from Step #3.