Use the LastPass Authenticator to access your LastPass vault
- Open the LastPass Authenticator app on your mobile device.
- Log in to LastPass by doing either of the following:
- In your web browser toolbar, click the inactive (grey or black) LastPass icon , then enter your email address and master password and click Log In.
- Go to https://lastpass.com/?ac=1 and enter your email address and master password, then click Log In.
- When prompted, choose any of the following options to authenticate:
Authentication Method Instructions Push notification
Tip: Are you using an Apple Watch? Learn how to get push notifications on your Apple Watch.
- In the LastPass Authenticator app, tap Accept when prompted.
Time-based, one-time passcode (TOTP)
- In the LastPass Authenticator app, locate the passcode generated for your LastPass account.
- On the multifactor prompt, enter the 6-digit code into the Passcode field.
- Select Authenticate.
- On the multifactor prompt, select Send me an SMS passcode to send a 6-digit code to your phone via text message.
- Enter the 6-digit code into the Passcode field.
- Select Authenticate.
Phone call (Call Me)
Tip: For more information, see How do I use the Call Me feature for the LastPass Authenticator?
- On the multifactor prompt, select Call me to place a phone call from LastPass to your phone number.
- When prompted, press the # key on your phone's keypad to verify.
- On the multifactor prompt, select YubiKey.
- Depending on the YubiKey device you are using, take the applicable action:
- Insert your YubiKey device into the USB port of your computer, then wait until your YubiKey touch-button shines with a steady light and hold your fingertip on the touch-button for one (1) second to authenticate
- Tap Plug it in (if applicable), then plug in your YubiKey (using either the USB-C side for Android or the Lightning side for iOS)
- Hold your YubiKey up to the NFC reader on the back of your mobile device
- Optional: To use a different multifactor option than the one presented, click Additional Multifactor Options and select your desired option.
Troubleshooting:Attention: If you are part of a company account and a policy has been enforced to only allow one multifactor option, the "Additional Multifactor options" section will not be displayed.