Use the LastPass Authenticator app to access your LastPass vault
Once you have set up the LastPass Authenticator app as your multifactor option for LastPass, log in to your LastPass account and you will be prompted for authentication via the LastPass Authenticator app.
Attention: If you want to use passwordless login to access your LastPass vault, view Use the LastPass Authenticator app for passwordless login
Before you begin: You must complete the steps in Set Up LastPass to Use the LastPass Authenticator app before proceeding.
About this task: To log in to LastPass and be prompted for multifactor authentication via the LastPass Authenticator app, do the following:
- Open the LastPass Authenticator app on your mobile device.
- Log in to LastPass by doing either of the following:
- In your web browser toolbar, click the inactive (grey or black) LastPass icon , then enter your email address and master password and click Log In.
- Go to https://lastpass.com/?ac=1 and enter your email address and master password, then click Log In.
- When prompted, choose any of the following options to authenticate:
Authentication Method Instructions Push notification
- In the LastPass Authenticator app, review the details of the prompt, including time, IP address, device OS, web browser, and location (currently, detailed view is available for Android only).
- Tap Accept when ready.
Figure 1. Android LastPass Authenticator push notification on Android
Figure 2. iOS LastPass Authenticator push notification on iOSTip: Are you using an Apple Watch? Learn how to get push notifications on your Apple Watch.
Time-based, one-time passcode (TOTP)
- In the LastPass Authenticator app, locate the passcode generated for your LastPass account.
- On the multifactor prompt, enter the 6-digit code into the Passcode field.
- Tap Authenticate.
- On the multifactor prompt, tap Send me an SMS passcode to send a 6-digit code to your phone via text message.
- Enter the 6-digit code into the Passcode field.
- Tap Authenticate.
Phone call (Call Me)
Tip: For more information, see Use the Call Me feature for the LastPass Authenticator app
- On the multifactor prompt, tap Call me to place a phone call from LastPass to your phone number.
- When prompted, press the # key on your phone's keypad to verify.
- On the multifactor prompt, select YubiKey.
- Depending on the YubiKey device you are using, take the applicable action:
- Insert your YubiKey device into the USB port of your computer, and when the YubiKey's touch sensor shines a steady light, hold your fingertip on the touch sensor.
- Tap Plug it in (if applicable), then plug in your YubiKey (using either the USB-C side for Android or the Lightning side for iOS)
- Hold your YubiKey up to the NFC reader on the back of your mobile device
- Optional: To use a different multifactor option than the one presented, click Additional Multifactor Options and select your desired option.
Troubleshooting:Attention: If you are part of a company account and a policy has been enforced to only allow one multifactor option, the "Additional Multifactor options" section will not be displayed.
Results: You have now logged in to LastPass and authenticated using the LastPass Authenticator app.