How do I use the LastPass for Windows Desktop application?
Once you have signed in to the LastPass for Windows Desktop application, you can use various features and tools, as well as access your vault.
Use Application Autofill
Once you have added your application, you can use Application Autofill by doing the following:
- Open the LastPass for Windows Desktop application and log in with your LastPass email and master password.
- Select Applications in the left navigation.
- Hover over the application, then click Launch.
- Click within the username field of your application, then hold CTRL + ALT + F on your keyboard.
- Your username and password will be automatically filled in (as well as any other fields and parameters you configured) and log you in to the application. Note: If you have more than one set of credentials for the application, a drop-down menu will display so you can select the credentials you want to use.
Use the vault
- Click All Items or select an item type in the left navigation, then click the Add icon in the lower-right navigation to create a new password, note, form fill item, or application
- Click the user account drop-down menu in the top toolbar and select Settings to manage the following:
- Log out after idle and time selection (enabled for 15 minutes by default)
- Set pin code to require a 4-digit pin code to access
- Save a disabled One Time Password locally for Account Recovery (enabled by default)
- Click the user account drop-down menu and select Logout to sign out of your account