Use the LastPass for Windows Desktop application
Once you have signed in to the LastPass for Windows Desktop application, you can use various features and tools, as well as access your vault.
Use Application Autofill
Once you have added your application, you can use Application Autofill by doing the following:
- Open the LastPass for Windows Desktop application and log in with your LastPass email and master password.
- Select Applications in the left navigation.
- Hover over the application, then click Launch.
- Click within the username field of your application, then hold CTRL + ALT + F on your keyboard.
- Your username and password will be automatically filled in (as well as any other fields and parameters you configured) and log you in to the application. Note: If you have more than one set of credentials for the application, a drop-down menu will display so you can select the credentials you want to use.
Navigate your vault
You can use various features and tools within the vault, including a Search field to filter sites/passwords, secure notes, form fill items, and applications.
View vault items
Select All Items or select an item type in the left navigation, then click the Add icon in the lower-right navigation to create a new password, note, form fill item, or application.
Use the item action menu
- Launch to open your site or application.
- Edit icon to make changes to your site, secure note, or form fill item.
- Delete icon to delete your item.
- Copy Username icon to copy your site or application's username to your clipboard.
- Copy Password icon to copy your site or application's password to your clipboard.
Use the user account menu
Select the user account drop-down menu to manage the settings below.
Select Settings to manage the following:
- Log out after idle to log you out of LastPass after the time you specify (enabled for 15 minutes by default)
- Clear clipboard after copy to remove clipboard contents after copying
- Hide username on vault items to mask the listed username per stored item
- Set PIN code to require a 4-digit PIN code to access your vault
Important: In order to use this feature, you must log out and enable the Remember Master Password setting before logging back in.
- Minimize on close to minimize the application to the system tray when closing from the menu bar
- Save a disabled one-time password locally for account recovery to store a Recovery One Time Password locally so it can be used for resetting your master password if it is ever forgotten (enabled by default)