How do I set up passwordless login?
Passwordless login is an adaptive authentication feature of the LastPass Authenticator app that supports using biometrics (face or fingerprint, with your master password as a backup) in place of manually entering your master password when logging in to SSO apps and/or workstations.
Step #1: Activate passwordless login
Step #2: Pair the LastPass Authenticator app with your LastPass account
- Log in to LastPass and access your vault by doing either of the following:
- In your web browser toolbar, click the LastPass icon and select Open My Vault.
- Go to https://lastpass.com/?ac=1 and log in with your email address and master password.
- Select Account Settings in the left navigation.
- Select the Multifactor Options tab.
- Select the Edit icon for the LastPass MFA.
- For the Enabled drop-down menu, select Yes.
- For the Permit Offline Access drop-down menu, choose one of the following:
- Select Allow if you want to allow access to LastPass even when you are offline. This will store an encrypted vault locally so you can log in without using multifactor authentication in case of a connectivity issue.
- Select Disallow to prevent offline access, which requires the use of multifactor authentication and to be connected to the Internet when using LastPass.
- When finished, select Update.
- Enter your master password, then select Continue.
Step #3: Use passwordless login to log in to LastPass
- Navigate to https://identity.lastpass.com/. Note: At this time, using passwordless login when logging in to the LastPass for Windows Desktop application is not supported.
- On your mobile device, open the LastPass Authenticator app app.
- When prompted in the app, tap or select Accept for the authentication prompt (you will have one minute to respond, as indicated by the timer on the screen).
- Verify your identity using biometrics (face recognition or fingerprint identification) or Pin Code.