What is the LastPass keyboard (input method) and how do I use it?
The LastPass app for Android has a custom input method that you can enable then use to log in to apps.
- Sites that require a master password re-prompt cannot be selected for autofill within the LastPass Keyboard input method.
- The LastPass Keyboard input method cannot “see” into other web browsers. We suggest using the LastPass Browser within the Android app for the best experience for autofilling. However, if you are using this method to autofill for a website in another mobile web browser, please note that you will need to select Switch to Groups in most all cases (as LastPass cannot match the URL to your vault since this information cannot be retrieved from the Site through a third-party web browser due to Android security settings).
- If the LastPass Keyboard input method is unable to detect the login for your app and displays “No Matching Sites”, select the Switch to Groups option. This will display the list of the folders in your vault, where you can then navigate to the specific entry and select “Fill” to autofill your username and repeat the steps to fill your password.
Enable the LastPass Keyboard
- Log in to the LastPass app on your Android device.
- Select in the upper left navigation.
- Select .
- Enable the Enable LastPass input method setting.
- When prompted, select OK to display your Android "Language & input" settings.
- Enable the LastPass setting, then select OK
- Once enabled, go to your Android device's Settings, then under the "Keyboard & input methods" setting, select the Current Keyboard setting, then select the LastPass option.
Use the LastPass keyboard
- Open your desired app or navigate to a website, then tap within a login field.
- Select the LastPass Key within your keyboard to display a list of site entries with matching logins.
- Select the Fill button to fill your for your desired login credentials, then continue the log in process for your app or website.