What is the security score in my Security Dashboard?
The security score is a feature within the Security Dashboard of your LastPass vault that automatically calculates the strength of your stored site passwords.
How do I get a security score?
How is the security score calculated?
Your security score is a combined rating of how strong your passwords generally are – meaning their overall length and complexity – with the highest possible score being 100 points. However, in order to get a perfect score, you must have at least 50 site passwords stored in your LastPass vault.
|Rating||Security Score (Combining Various Factors)|
|Low||0 ≤ X < 50|
|Average||50 ≤ X < 75|
|High||75 ≤ X < 100|
|Highest||X = 100|
- The total number of secure passwords you have stored in your vault – must have at least 50 passwords stored in order to pass with a perfect score of 100 points.
- Whether or not you have enabled multifactor authentication accounts for 10 points. Learn how to enable.
- Permitting offline access deducts 1 point.
- Allowing unrestricted mobile devices to access your vault deducts 1 point.
- Allowing trusted devices to skip multifactor authentication prompts deducts 1 point.
I have at-risk passwords, what should I do?
For guidance on viewing and changing unsafe passwords, please see How do I view at-risk passwords in my LastPass vault?