Why am I getting an error when I try to purchase LastPass?
You are currently a family member for a LastPass Families subscription plan (active or expired), and are trying to purchase a new LastPass Premium or Families subscription plan, but you encounter an error that states you don't have permission to make the purchase or that you have already signed up.
You are already subscribed to LastPass as a family member of a LastPass Families subscription plan.
As a subscribed family member (active or expired), you must leave your current subscription plan so you can purchase a new plan.
- Log in to LastPass and access your vault by doing either of the following:
- In your web browser toolbar, click the LastPass icon and select Open My Vault.
- Go to https://lastpass.com/?ac=1 and log in with your email address and master password.
- Select Account Settings in the left navigation.
- Under Account Information, click My Account.
- Select Leave family, then click Leave Family to confirm.
Result: You are no longer using up a license for the LastPass Families plan that you left, and you are no longer listed as a user in that account.
- Once you have left your previous subscription plan and account, you can try purchasing a new LastPass subscription again.
Troubleshooting: If you are still unable to purchase a new LastPass subscription, please contact LastPass Support by selecting Contact Support within this article.Note: The customer support offerings for LastPass will vary depending on your plan. For more information, please see What levels of customer support does LastPass offer?