Why is my session expiring immediately after I log in to LastPass?
If you are encountering a message, "Your session has expired. Please relogin" and are prompted to log back in with your email address and master password, it usually means your web browser cookies are being cleared, removed, or blocked.
To address this issue, please ensure that you are adhering to the following best practices:
- Do not run your web browser in a private or incognito mode.
- Configure your security settings to allowlist LastPass.
- Check or enable cookies within your web browser settings if your web browser is clearing, discarding, or blocking cookies. Instructions will vary depending on your web browser, as follows:
- Chrome – Follow these instructions. You can also add https://lastpass.com as an exception.
- Firefox – Follow these instructions.
- Microsoft Edge – At the top of the web browser in the right navigation, click the Menu icon and go to then set "Cookies" to Don't Block Cookies.
- Safari – Follow these instructions, and select Always Allow.
- Opera – Follow these instructions.
- All other programs and/or extensions – Some other applications, such as anti-virus software or security suites, may also remove cookies from your web browser. Please configure your settings to allow third-party cookies, add https://lastpass.com as an exception, and allowlist LastPass wherever applicable.
As a means of troubleshooting, you can log out of LastPass, clear your web browser cookies, then restart your web browser and log in to LastPass again.